Spheria guys impressed me a tiny bit more tbh, they seem to...

1. 67 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Spheria guys impressed me a tiny bit more tbh, they seem to manage their capital a bit better especially on the downside and aren’t fixed to the growth only story like most microcap managers. Good split in that value vs growth investing so you’re not trapped in a reversion (like the last 12 months).
    Both funds are okay for profitability, Spheria bought over some mandates from Schroders which helps them along quite a bit and Pinnacle doing distribution is good.
    Not sure if you have the fee thing correct, I think its 120bps vs 135 bps (UBS vs Spheria) but overall I don’t think the fee thing is too much of a drag, difference is minimal.
    Perpetual is my pick too but I’m beginning to become concerned with their size.
    I am wary of the WAM Microcap LIC; their PMs didn’t take up much of the raise at all.
    The biggest thing for me with Spheria was that I know both PMs have put their whole personal net worth into the microcap fund. I’d be quite happy to invest in line with them, effectively investing with their PA.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.