Hi Hotstocks, it seems you have got lots of answers about funds,...

1. 2,838 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 639
    Hi Hotstocks, it seems you have got lots of answers about funds, not so much about SMSF.

Today I was asking the ex what she was doing for income. She has a mix of SMSF and Industry Fund and indicated that three years ago she put $190k in Rest and takes $15,000 a year in pension from the transition to retirement option.

In three years she has drawn $45k but the balance of her account has only gone down by $15k.

I have had a look at their website for the 10 year returns (which would have included the GFC period) and they are not bad.) Obviously the returns are not as good as doing it all yourself, but there comes a time to hand over the reins and just enjoy life.

Anyway I am off to the Financial Planner tomorrow to see if I can structure a package of suitable income for retirement, as it would be nice to give up working.

I am thinking a Rest Pension/SMSF and trading spec stocks for income all feeding into 3 separate term deposits and one cash living account.

My approx mix would be 20% Rest, 35% SMSF stocks, 10% trading spec stocks and 35% cash. I would like to put some of the SMSF into Managed Funds and I will check out the options posted in this thread.

If you have access to CommSec they have lists of Managed Funds that can be sorted by risk and return.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.