Yes Mark I have considered those types of options too. However...

1. 1,282 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Yes Mark I have considered those types of options too.

However the thing that has so far prevented me from acting is the changes the federal government brought in re health care cards and pensions etc. last year ie as soon as one changes the allocated pension setup in any way, one is then reassessed under the new stricter rules. And I would never qualify under the new rules.

I may never use the health care card (I hope) nor get a pension either but I would prefer to keep the health card just in case. We have been on allocated pensions for around 13 years and the funds have still grown over that time so I guess I will keep tracking along at this stage. I also have the option of using the Telstra Superfund because I was a member many decades ago but have not taken the plunge though they have been very good performers for a long time. I also realise I may be best to hand over running my funds to others - but it is a big step nonetheless to trust others to that extent.

This website has some very good info as well. And it also shows the Telstra fund in a good light - time will tell which way I eventually head.

And thanks for your comments.

https://www.superguide.com.au/boost...ement-performers-top-30-pension-funds-5-years

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.