Thanks for reply woolly. I was aware most in the list on this...

1. 1,282 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Thanks for reply woolly. I was aware most in the list on this thread were not listed but other threads provided a few more to look at and some are almost totally illiquid yet talked up strongly. Anything illiquid means death to me in a crash.

But I agree some on the list (unlisted share funds) do show decent figures.

But even the best known LICs are relatively thin at times. Only a couple like WAM and AFI were what I considered sufficiently liquid to enable a reasonable exit if required. Sitting like a frog cooking in a hot pot of illiquidity as things collapse is not me.

Basically my major share holdings have always been the majors - big banks and other major equities makes it easy to exit within minutes if the decision is made to do so, but growth in this area is now hard to find. A sound portfolio of franked shares with a bit of growth plus a few good punts and enough cash investments to last till I die is where I currently sit. I also need the cash to drawdown in Super as per rules as well as share funds that are relatively resilient in bad times to go down this path and be comfortable. I may be asking too much.

It is just an age thing where I am sick and tired of chasing shares every day for the last 20 years and trouping around banks setting up new accounts has no appeal - so looking at getting someone capable to manage the boring hard yards for me. I thought the Smarter Money Funds do seem to offer better returns - however I thought maybe I was overlooking something - I have never held cash funds to know the pros and cons so thanks again.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.