I shouldn't start on this topic but anyway here is my 2c...

1. 1,046 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    I shouldn't start on this topic but anyway here is my 2c worth.

I'd steer clear of managed funds - all the advisor does is take a cut then hand it over to some umbrella fund like Norwich who takes more continual fees & also pays the advisor a retainer as well.
    They always tell you it costs nothing to alter your portfolio choices but it is hidden in the entry & exit prices in & out of the funds.
    You pax tax on the valuation at end of year & when it was in the bull market everyone would have paid tax on money they never actually end up getting?

You can probably do a much better job yourself by buying some down trodden cashed up stocks anyway.

I know everyone is avoiding property trusts but one that is closest to being recession proof is Aspen Parks Funds which own & lease many caravan parks (if we all lose our homes we'll probably be there too) They have quite a few in the mining areas & even though that has slowed down there was never enough accomodation for all the extra people so they are still thriving with people coming & going. It pays around 11.5% & still allow redemptions when i rang recently - not that we want our money out because where else can you get that return & not worry about tenants etc. They are still taking investments in as they are always on the prowl to buy another caravan park around the coastline or in working towns.

Anyway,....something for you to mull over. Katy.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.