CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

Time was when City mgt. placed announcements at the drop of a...

1. 32 Posts.
    Time was when City mgt. placed announcements at the drop of a hat. They seem to play to the masses. Whatever pushed up the stock price was place before the hungry crowd.

They did it in the late nineties time frame during the tech bubble and it kind of looked like they were doing the same thing over this past year or so.

So what's changed you ask?

Well for one thing, the company management team, one that seems experienced and capable, is in place sitting on some very exciting plays. I know MS keeps saying City's got all these company makers, but this time I for one think he may just be in position to bring one or two of these to fruition. If he does we stand a chance to make some real money, not the chicken feed we're seeing today.

Secondly, they are actually only making announcements on what I consider important happenings. I thought it extremely important that MS sold 11m shares at over $.30 on his trip to England. Sometimes no announcements, like this past little while, speak volumes as to the maturity of the company even knowing the share price has been dropping. I think they knew the share price was overheated and a little dropback wasn't such a bad thing.

Thirdly, I don't see the normal panick type announcements just to push up the sp like I have seen in the past. As an example several weeks ago I emailed MS concerning the listing on the Dubia exchange of a North American company with a $50m market value. His reply was simple; that while the $50m is the starting number for acceptance, he and his associates wanted to be a little more prudent and have a sustainable $75m US market value.

The daytraders and bashers are going to play with this for a while, but once any of the plays come to serious fruition those who waited will be the fortunate ones.

The announcements will come when they come.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.