UMC 0.00% $1.30 united minerals corporation nl

management disappointing

1. 896 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52

I'm not trying to stir up a hornet's nest here but the time has come to put in my $0.02 worth.

I rarely post but have been a holder of UMC since December 2006, just after they acquired the tenements off Rhodes. I have ridden it all the way up to $2.80 and back, sold a few, bought a few back but my overall position has remained more or less unchanged.

There have been some posts in recent times that have alluded to management lacking in certain areas, esp in regards to marketing/PR. I must say that I agree wholeheartedly.

IMO this has been an ongoing recurring issue that has never been properly addressed.

I want to make it clear that I think UMC has an outstanding project, the best of the iron juniors. There is no one else that compares. But it is severely let down by poor PR, poor marketing, poor communication to shareholders, and a stand-offish attitude when one attempts to make contact with them.

I am a shareholder in several different companies, and all of them, bar UMC, are only too willing to discuss their projects on the phone, and keep shareholders informed. I have only ever received an arrogant, aloof attitude from UMC, so I no longer contact them.

IMO a logistics deal is unlikely be done as long as the current management team is in place. This company needs someone who is an effective marketer, deal maker and communicator, who is well connected, and someone who does not operate in a cloak-and-dagger manner.

Before I get shot down in flames, let me say that I am, and intend to remain, a shareholder because I believe in the quality of the project. My gripe is with the way in which management have not been up to scratch in effectively marketing this project.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.