RED 2.41% 40.5¢ red 5 limited

management performance, page-4

1. 1,375 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    mhwombat

Quality management is definitely a top factor in company success. And I don't think anyone is sold yet on the current MD's performance potential.

But good analysis requires comparison data, not stand-alone case studies. From what I discovered, Trelawney's sp fell by much less than the Cdn junior gold mining index during Norregaard's time there.
    http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article43995.html

Norregaard was hired as COO at the end of June 2011 (sp was Cdn $4.54). It jumped briefly to $5.70 after the announced hiring (including others) in mid-July then a week or two later back to its $4-$4.50 level. I presume Norregaard left Trelawney in May 2012 when it was sold to Iamgold for Cdn $3.30.

So, Trelawney's sp fell from $4.50s to $3.30 during Norregaard's employment. Meanwhile, the Cdn junior gold miners index fell almost 50% during that time (from 2100 to 1150s). And at $3.30, the sale was well above trelawney's sp two years earlier (under $1).

Analysts said that market conditions were so poor that Trelawney could have sold for 40% more a couple of years earlier even though the gold price was lower then. One Cdn gold sector expert stated: "the entire junior gold mining sector is undervalued, as just a few years ago, these transactions would have been priced at around $100 per ounce in the ground (vs actual $70/oz)."

Final point: Holdonman is correct, of course, in saying that the tailings dam failure was caused by closed valves (not beyond someone's control). But was this Norregaard's negligence? Possibly, and worrisome if so. But I thought locals may have closed the valves (to avoid runoff on their crops) or a junior staffer may have failed to perform duties of checking valves. Either way, the incident was a catastrophe and does cast a shadow over RED 5's MD.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
40.5¢
Change
-0.010(2.41%)
Mkt cap ! $2.755B
Open High Low Value Volume
40.0¢ 41.3¢ 39.5¢ $5.806M 14.34M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 732397 40.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
41.0¢ 927828 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.