VPG 0.00% $1.79 vodafone group plc.

"Understanding and discussion of both the positives and...

1. 286 Posts.
    "Understanding and discussion of both the positives and negatives is a good place to start other than just emotional optimism."

I agree with your comment above. However, I am not just emotionally optimistic. What I have been saying is that

1. worst case liquidation, those bought under 20c will still get their money back;

2. if it restructures and continues to be a going concern, at the current sp, or below 20c, it still will earn you income going forward.

The share price is way below realisable equity value. Pity for those who paid 1.92$ at share placement at the Scarborough acquisition. They've laid down the equity for us so we could have more recovery in a worst case scenario.

I admit that in the short term, there might be some panic investors selling. However, in my view, at current price, it is probably not wise to do so.

Anyhow, despite the recent downgrade by JP Morgan, Goldman "Sucks", we haven't seen institutional investors reducing their shareholding recently. Rather, we saw Orbis increasing their shareholding to above 5%.

It is also noted that, even JP Morgan who has a sell recommendation has a price target of 10c for VPG.

Furthermore, the "employee shareholding window" will be re-opened after 25 Feb 2009 when the HY accounts are released. it is reasonable to expect directors like Peter Hurley to increase their shareholding.

Orbis, bought at 5.3c/share on average per its recent announcement, may well be expected to defend sp especially if trading volume is small next week.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VPG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.