NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

management straight-up talk

1. 1,627 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Managed to talk with Peter Landau earlier and asked some upfront questions. You ladies/gentlemen interpret how you want to, and I suggest you call him directly if you want further clarification.

Here is a summary:

1) Question 1- The ongoing rumour is that a Joint Venture with a platinum major is due to be finalised in the short term.

Answer- NKP is well advanced and is hoping to announce to the market in the following days. Pretty much all the issues are resolved and there is just red tape to go. Its been a long and hard journey but NKP will hopefully be in a position to reward shareholders.

2) Question 2- There has been many rumours on public forums as posters have claimed to have emailled/phone called management and "timeframes" were given but none has been met, please explain.

Answer- When a shareholder calls management can only give an indicative timeframe and can only give a general update. Also there are factors beyond control.

Follow-up Question- If there are factors that cannot be approximated then why call a timeframe in the first place. Also there has been rumours of a "closing" deal for a joint venture for the past 18+ months. This started with Xstrata, now the rumour is with Anglo. I can appreciate delays in certain cases however 18+ months is overboard. This is the sort of garbage that destroys credibility.

Follow-up Answer- NKP faced many challenges and there were issues that came out of no-where. Xstrata as always in the picture however last year court cases escalated with no warning. NKP has always maintained that it is always doing its best to progress from an explorer to a miner.

3) Question 3- NKP shareholder update quality has been appaling to date. Sudden court cases and constant screaming of "joint venture" repeatedly only for nothing to happen. Wouldn't this constitute a breach of disclosure rules?

Answer- NKP has never been in breach of cntinuous disclosure and it has always informed sharholders at the appropriate moment. There were situations (legal challenge) that remained unclear but took a sudden negative turn is why NKP was suddenly halted last year until the matter was clarified. With regards to the Joint Venture there are many parties that can influence the timeline of the deal. There is NKP, various communities, Joint venture partner, government departments, consultants and advisors. While NKP has done all it can to speed up the procedure and make sure that a conclusion can be achieved in the minimal time however any other of the other parties can delay the deal.

Follow-up Question- Then why keep screaming "Joint Venture" to be finalised hopefully within "5-10days" or "1-2weeks". If NKP management does not know the timing then why throw a timeline?

Follow-up Answer- NKP will try its best to give shareholders the best information without breaching insider information rules. When a timeline is given its given in good faith given that all goes well. Also its just an approximation where no guarantees are promised.

Follow-up Question- Doing this for 18+ months is far fetched? If I did this in my business I would be labelled a liar and unreliable. After all long-term shreholders wealth has been suffering as a direct consequence during this period.

Follow-up Answer- There were unexpected challenges and complications. Could not clarify what the specifics were since that would be in breach of confidentiality.

Peter Landau seemed a little annoyed and defensive by this stage but I could not care less or give a crap.

4) Question 4- How are the options (NKPO) to be treated if they are to expire worthless?

Answer- NKP will consider different paths avaliable to see if anything can be done.

Follow-up Question- Why can't you clarify it now or better still make an ASX announcement and put it in writing. No offence but with all the "timeframes" being called on the Joint Venture with nothing happening, how can any option holder believe that there may be something to rescue them?

Follow-up Answer- The issue will be addressed when the time comes.

Peter Landau was trying to get me off the phone call by now.

5) Question- NKP living on borrowed funds, would a capital raising be on the cards?

Answer- No capital raising until a Joint Venture agreement is in place.

6) Question- I have written over 5 emails in the past week asking the questions that I raised over the phone call today but received no response. There are other people on public forums that has written emails that has had replies to. Why is this so?

Answer- NKP will always answer shareholders enquires. Maybe my email went to the trash section or his email server quarantined my email for unknown reasons.

Follow-up Question- I have written emails before with the same email and has received a response but lately there has been a muted response. Therefore the answer given is not legitimate.

Follow-up Answer- NKP has always answered shareholders. Maybe its a problem on my end when sending.

I asked some straight up questions and I have to say that my feeling is not all that good for a Joint Venture to happen "this week or next week". From the tone there seems to be issues that are dragging on. I know Peter Landau wanted to get me off the phone and his tone became more defensive as the call went along.

I still believe that they have a Joint Venture framework and talks are advanced however a conclusion is somewhat still further away than indicated by some extremely positive posters.

Interpret how you want to, and make your own calls/emails if you do not believe me or want further clarification.

Good Luck to all

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.