GGP 0.00% 0.6¢ golden gate petroleum ltd

management won't listen, page-16

1. 1,720 Posts.
    unsinkable and remirez,

Why would a future rights issue/placement be in the investor presentation dated 30/11/11?

My thoughts are:
    Management maybe held the opinion that, as this notification contained the words "rights issue", that people may be fighting each other for stock to be included in the issue.

If this was SG's reason for the notification BEFORE the SP gained more ground, then he was mistaken in that it might actually drive GGP's SP up.

Look at SSN/SSNO today on the back of news nowhere near as good as that from GGP today, both up around 14% from their low this morning before the news. No CR hatchet there to chop off one's hand full of $'s.

I can't see that notification for a placement/rights issue being any good for the GGP's share price one iota,

UNLESS
    His plan is to advise the market that an alternative funding source has now been arranged on the back of the significant flow rates which are way above their expectations for 6H and maybe also for 8A.

Also he may have been advising the market in advance just in case their high expectations from the first two wells were not met. That way then there is an over delivery situation which the market takes kindly to.

Maybe now on the back of this good news he may have an alternate funding source available, lets all hope he has.

remirez 2/12/11
    "good to see that everyone else can see the lack of logic in the decision to include the CR in the slides. I too will be disappointed with management if they go ahead with it and will reconsider my position.

considering SG took a company like Orchard capital from a few cents to 60c, he should know better."

unsinkable 2/12/11
    "If the CR does happen then I have lost all credibility in management, there is no reason at all why it should have been in the presentation... Surely there must be a better explanation and a better way to raise capital... Management aren't stupid, are they?"

My answer to you unsinkable is no they're not, so let's all hope for plan "D", (short term debt).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GGP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.