RSG 0.70% 70.5¢ resolute mining limited

Management, page-54

1. 1,385 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 283
    Nice frank discussion on the merits of investing in RSG.
    Management have been keen to point out the benefits of automation and their long life mine without discussing short term issues like cash flow and risk that things don't go to plan. RSG has a lot of experience, but each mine startup presents it's own challenges, and they have bitten off a lot with their leading edge aspirations.
    To get listed in London they're going to have to do a large cap raise, which will dilute existing shareholders. Management see this as in the best long term interest of the company. Maybe it is, but not in the best interest of Australian shareholders in the short term, that's for sure. Knowing a cap raise is coming they might also have been lax in capital preservation.
    How long until Syama reaches steady state? Commercial production is expected in Q3 but that doesn't equate to steady state, when investors finally get rewarded for backing the company. I am guessing another 12-18 months until they get the automation humming and reach their expected production figures. Of course nothing is certain and investors will have to earn their return in the mean time. Feels like a bit of a tree shake, happening just when Gold is breaking out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RSG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.