FML 3.33% 14.5¢ focus minerals ltd

Thanks DS,The management communication problem you raised is...

1. 435 Posts.
    Thanks DS,

The management communication problem you raised is there, however the problem somewhat straddles both sides of the fence.

Seems that every time shareholders hear what they perceive to be a new minesite mentioned, the cry goes up "when is this mine going to start up", rather than sitting back and thinking here is something else for the piggy bank (must admit that I too tend to cheer for the digging, rather than sitting back).

I think management is trying to address the matter with a greater concentration on production aspects from existing mines, rather than over highlighting exploration results, however it is a real problem for them, compounded by all the anticipation associated with Lake Cowan.

One thing that seems to be adding to this lack of communication is the absence of what I term snippet reporting - these are the short announcements that might contain some just to hand minor drill results, on target type statements, milestones, reinventing the wheel statements, etc.

For example, it does not take much effort to release a statement say giving the current depths of the three open pits, along with other pearls such as the rain in January at Coolgardie only had a minimal effect on operations and that the pits are on track to produce their forecast production targets – it would be nice to know such information, if such was the case, because a lot of shareholders now do a daily check of rainfall data for Coolgardie and Laverton, plus hiding any rainfall associated hiccups until the issue of a quarterly report will certainly now create a urine issue for shareholders.

FML seems to have given up releasing such snippets over the last six months and now only makes interim announcements when forced to do so by ASX rules (there are a few posters who claim FML is doing this as part of a CRE takeover strategy, however if such snippets were considered important they would fall within the gambit of the ASX reporting rules and have to be reported in any case).

The other thing confusing FML reporting at the moment is the inclusion of CRE data, while CRE remains a listed public company with its own reporting responsibilities - the only thing we as FML shareholders looking at our own backyard at the moment need to really know is, did they send us any money (and how much), or alternatively did we send them any money (and how much), the rest of the CRE information we should be reading in the CRE report where it rightfully belongs.

My thoughts, for what they are worth.

cheers, kentwang

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $41.55M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.5¢ 15.0¢ 14.5¢ $41.98K 285.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 93501 14.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 4618 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.41pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.