CVN 1.67% 14.8¢ carnarvon energy limited

so you are happy to hold a comapany where you have a problem...

1. 2,320 Posts.
    so you are happy to hold a comapany where you have a problem with management and think they are lazy - I certainly wouldn't (but i disagree they are lazy anyway).

I think their reports are just as detailed as they have ever been - yes less frequent - but that was a deliberate attempt by management to reduce the day trading focus of the stock that was occuring every 2 weeks around ann time, which actually does seem to have helped - CVN been much more less volatile of late.

As for spending their cash - Management has stated several times now that they are actively persuing opportunities to pick up distressed assets - particularly in Thailand as they will be able to offset expenses against the tax they pay in their current fields.

And why jump the gun so early anyway? In reality the low oil prices and credit freeze hasn't been around that long - many ops would be able to 'hang on' for a while yet.

Much better that they be prudent and do their due dilligence before running in like cowboys and buying any old crap (ala Micheal Keirnan style..).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.8¢
Change
-0.003(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $259.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 14.5¢ $18.05K 123.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
29 826668 14.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.0¢ 627748 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.16pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.