mandatory internet censorship & filtering, page-8

1. jct
    739 Posts.
    This is just a political sell with (perhaps) all good intention, but very little thought for actual IT and internet realities....

Junglewoman, I am trying to be nice and respect your right to an opinion, however .... just 30 seconds at your "wholesomely secure" site filtered home/work terminal and I am sure your "three young adults" would be able to show you why this filtering plan is a total, TOTAL waste of taxpayers' money! (All freedom of speach, etc, etc, arguements aside.) Of course, your "adults" would have to first admit to you that the kiddy safe site blocker was a pushover for them from the day it was installed! The common (and popular) work arounds techniques I will not post, but are common knowledge amongst kids and IT community. Perhaps that is why the IT community is barking he plan down in actuality??? .... Because it is technically of little value as a workable and real solution AND SECONDLY it is costly and slows the system down too.)

Technically, this is a poorly thought out "old world" Government plan and reaction that makes the naive public "feel" better about "new world" problems, but doesn't even start to scratch the concept of actually solving them.

As the filtering plan stands, it is as worthless as a chain maille coat in a rain shower. I am sure your kids would agree! (If they dare to be honest.)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.