MSB 1.10% 91.5¢ mesoblast limited

manipulation rife on asx say researchers, page-19

1. 95 Posts.
    I was keen on selling, but I think I will hold for some time because Ive taken a cold shower and also had a chat with a few analyst friends of mine who are keeping an eye on the sector but also remain impartial.

MSB has been caught up in this current negative sentiment against the biotech sector at the moment. We're seeing articles in the mainstream print media on a daily basis about how the biotech sector is on the nose - and really the basis for the argument is wafer thin. Anyone can cherry pick isolated cases to make a case - and the media are better than anyone at it. I feel that is probably discounting the stock about 10% on face value.

Then add to that the unusually high shorting rate of MSB which is probably "adding" another 10-15% discount on the SP as well (an analyst friend of mine said its about 6x the average rate on ASX200). So really take those two rather fickle factors that are not objectively inherent in MSBs risk profile and we probably have a $5.80-6.00 SP really currently. I don't have them on hand, but I would be interested to see the target prices of MSB currently from various advisory firms.

I'm quietly confident we'll see these two afore-mentioned influences on the SP wane over the next 3-6 months and we'll see a return to mid-high 5s + positive news on top of that. But the blue sky claims made by various contributors here I think are years and years away.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
91.5¢
Change
0.010(1.10%)
Mkt cap ! $1.044B
Open High Low Value Volume
93.0¢ 93.5¢ 90.5¢ $4.638M 5.036M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 152669 91.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
92.5¢ 51069 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.