RMS 1.62% $1.82 ramelius resources limited

Hey Hellyeah - you were right - one share left at 47.5c again...

1. 527 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    Hey Hellyeah - you were right - one share left at 47.5c again today, last trade after the bell was for 10,855 for sale at 47.5 and a bid came in for 10,854 at 47.5, taking out all but one and leaving the closing at 47.5c again. why would you do that? I have been reading these lines about share price capping and manipulation but did not really pay much attention, but that is about the fifth time in the last three weeks I have seen an end of day trade like that, either to push sales down a tad or to take out everything available at a limit, but not to raise the closing price. What is all this about. Is this to create a low average price for a period so that a takeover bid looks attractive? Is it just someone making sure they get their 5c per share against a depressed SP. If the latter is the case, you would expect that such a strategy would be happy to see the price rise or at least not drop by 5c on Friday, so they get the capital return and they stand to make a trading gain more easily later. Certainly there is something going on with these trading patterns.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.