AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Manono Project Geology, page-2

1. 17,014 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3832
    It would appear that  Alphamin once held the tenements surrounding the mine.  Does anyone know why and when these tenements were no longer theirs.  They did pay $2M for them.

Alphamin closes acquisition of lands surrounding Manono mine in the Democratic Republic of the Congo

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA–(Marketwire – July 11, 2012) – Alphamin Resources Corp. (TSX VENTURE:AFM), (the "Company" or "Alphamin") wishes to announce that it has closed the acquisition of two permits surrounding the historic Manono Mine in Katanga Province in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. In consideration for acquiring the permits, Alphamin paid US$2 million in cash and issued 6,100,000 shares. The shares are subject to a hold period expiring on November 12, 2012.

The Manono Mine is the largest pegmatite hosted deposit of cassiterite, columbo-tantalite and lithium mined to date. The pegmatite is exposed over 14 kilometres and is open to the northeast and southwest with good potential of continuing onto the newly acquired tenements. Historically 180,000 tonnes of cassiterite (tin oxide) were mined during the Belgian colonial era. The mineralogy of the deposit is unique due to the high tonnages of spodumene which contains up to 2% lithium oxide and columbo-tantalite which made up 5% of the tin concentrate.
    Lars Pearl, MAIG, a qualified person under National Instrument 43-101, has verified the technical data disclosed in this release.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.