AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

You might want to explain how MLL will get into production then...

1. 9,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17867
    You might want to explain how MLL will get into production then as you are a SH there. I presume RV is the one again who has annoyed you hence the recent tiffs here and there

At the end of the day, the demand is there if the road to 2000 GWh prevails. Going to some of the plays that you are referring to it boils down to resource build, grade, costs of production and whether there product is capable of entering the hydroxide market itself, and if solid State batteries get into play morseo over the next 10 years, the lower impurity requirements for those batteries (despite SSBs been lithium carbonate based). Quality matters and battery specks have changed - the whole idea about battery technology is have denser and smaller batteries that have say 50 kWh. The lighter battery, greater density and less energy loss is why people are raving on about EVs going further distance now and are now comprable to ICE vehicles. Since a current battery is currently 1/3rd the cost of an EV and a significant proportion of its weight, battery improvements is what will drive the EV revolution. Quality matters in supplying the market

I don't expect AVZ getting into production until 2022/23 or 2023/24 btw. Obviously if demand forecasts don't prevail then this debate is meaningless anyway for all prospective plays.

I did some calculations a while ago and all I will say is I doubt the Australian players can supply the whole market, noting ultimately supply still has to be cost effective and depsite hard rock been well placed for a number of battery types. In this post - Post #: 43616066, and some comments on battery specs are provided. Ultimately, there is scope for a number of new players to enter the market if 2000 GWh transpires, but spodumene prices need to rise because that would be saying spodumene demand is pricking up, and the trigger for that is demand picking up. The table below despite saying spodumene should read spodumene/brine equivalent

The best indicator of demand picking up and restoration of the trend line to 2030, is seeing the turnaround in existing Australian producers through higher prices, because when that comes about it means that scope for new entrants to the market are coming to the fore as well. Lots of new entrants required, but may be tight this side of 2025, albeit it can be tight this side of 2025 unless EV demand picks up and returns to the growth trajectory of 2030 son (but configuration of entry the key as expansions happen later).

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2260/2260385-e23e33d2423a4353aed6a5bc8a3cf5be.jpg

All IMO IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.