AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

mantle exergen latrobe valley demo, page-31

1. 4,795 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4708
    Hotdog, I'm directly involved in resource and major project costing; the last few projects have been large coal projects, I play in that garden everyday, il leave it at that...

Lex, NPV positive is a good thing of course it is; if it was negative you wouldn't be. Ok let's say It adds value...... To the company .... It creates wealth, its future cash flows minus the purchase price...wilki - ( eye guys like that site - NPV can be described as the “difference amount” between the sums of discounted: cash inflows and cash outflows...( bend it and twist it how you like to..... )

As you said Lex- it's positive ; you mentioned it was added value to the company...... Lex is that company or consortium ? You might want to check that out. It has to be the consortium don't you think Lex.... I think your have to tag that positive figure against the figure that has to be thrown against it UPFRONT; it maybe getting a bit late in the day to be looking at a poorer grade coal mine especially the way carbon things are moving; is it a fact that this grade will ever be spit on in 10 years time , will BCE be even considered anywhere??? Things are moving fast in the green world. Actually what will the actual recovery percentage be....open cast basically lets you take what's there and then just chuck the overburden in the hole you leave and plant afew trees; , stick a park bench or two in. Shaft is a different basket case all together......you can't just pull it all out; as all around it just comes crashing down...

Anyway, do you consider that 2 billion to the 1.4 generated to be ringing the bells of your feasibility index.... I'm not sure it does; I doubt it. They carried out the preliminary scope report..... If they all come back to do a full throt report; then they must think it has some legs, even if they look more like stumps than legs.

Autoclave; your autoclave does rely on some head pressure, as Exergen looks to circulate it he slurry into the shaft; its not a case of just dropping the slurry in Lex and letting it spat on the bottom; that head pressure is off course created by the gravity , but for them to knock out the carboxylate compound or as you refered to it as 'decarboxylation' the pressure does need to be constant and it needs to combine this pressure with heat; when the carboxylate is expelled through that pressure and temp the slurry actually shrinks and it expels water; both of which will required more generated pressure to take it to the top; the slurry won't be as viscous and won't flow as easy either.. Head pressure is an important part no doubt and its free which is good , combination of 300 degree heat and 100 bar of pressure doesn't all generate itself from free falling slurry; nor does it get it back to the top

When I heard of the autoclave first I though they maybe looking at geothermal to do the work..... That would have been impressive. The Capex cost may have been substantial but the Opex would have been minimal.

If you can get those greens to go play in a field somewhere else and stop them from pointing their fingers at ever toad and hole that will be a great step forward; there is LV and BM.... Both have high quantity resources....unfortunately BM does come second on grade....it will take a fair few years to clean LV to the bone; it would certainly be , within Australia be the preference amongst the greens to convert and fuel the power plant if they were asked the question with a gun to their heads

. BCE is a new gen; but nobody want to see Victoria turned into a dust bowl just for corporate profit and it won't happen.... I think that BM will be the sacrificial lamb and the greens will get that half of the cake... Look at the article in regards to the contaminated soil in the fire wall in maddlingley , leaking contaminates into a stream..... How did that happen; are there contaminates ; probably not....is it just another fictional blame sorry by the greens? Probably . One think is for sure is that they are getting a hard time down there.... Sometimes it's just easier and cheaper o move elsewhere if something presents itself.

Fakeshark; your in it for the gold; good on ya , not something I can comment on... When I think of it, I just think of those hill Billy's on the discovery channel 'gold rush' . That stuff is hit and miss, mixed up with the rocks and dirt. A least with coal you have a fair idea it's there and hopefully in abundance .

I liked your thread title Ghosty..... If you thought that that was going to stay up there and not be moderated maybe you should be wearing the hat.

Look guys I do appreciate constructive critisim ..... I think it helps sort out some wheat from the chaff; cotton fuzzy balls and dreams can coat things and make everything seem pretty and pink.... The guys with the purse string aren't thinking pretty nor pink

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.