RHY 1.64% 6.0¢ rhythm biosciences limited

Many wide world companies are testing for CRC (part2)

1. 1,153 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    Triage, kiwig and others. Triage, if it was $50 why not tell the market in announcements? Most misleading post in a decade? LOL.

Really, you wouldn't do a FIT just to confirm the blood test result?
    Straight to the colonoscopy? You really are in dreamland.
    A doctor is going to have full confidence in COLOSTAT based on trials that have never been used in the real sense of detecting CRC in a patient that is not known to have CRC? LMAO
    All tests to date have been conducted on patients that are known to either have the disease or not have the disease.
    Regardless, RHY has stated these fantastic results of 81% sensitivity and 91% specificity but at what stage of CRC is that at?
    Is that overall? Doesn't mention does it? Or does it? I might have missed it. Correct me if I'm wrong. No problem - I'll take it on the chin
    Anyway, we must assume it's overall. They should state though, don't you think?
    What is the sensitivity and specificity at all stages of CRC test? There are 5 (first one being Stage 0) but lets start at Stage I

I haven't seen anything published by Rhythm recently. Have you?

Last time I saw it was back in July 2019 (Study 5)

COLOSTAT
    Stage I - 58/95
    Stage II - 80/95
    Stage III - 74/95
    Stage IV - 83/95
    Overall - 73/95
    Study 6 (March 2021)

84/95 - is this overall? Doesn't say. Could be Stage III & IV, Could be Stage IV only. Market doesn't really know. I couldn't see it in the announcements.

Study 7

81/91

Since the introduction of the free Bowel Cancer kits by the Australian Government the participation rate in this program has been admittedly low (but in comparison to what? Surveys?). Contributing factors might include poor communication to the public, low media coverage, individuals’ dislike both to the collection and sampling of their own s**t as required by the current s**t test and the time commitment. Different approaches to colorectal cancer screening have been adopted in different target markets. In Australia and most of EU, an inexpensive (free) pre-assessment of colorectal cancer risk looking for surrogate markers of cancer (most commonly blood in your s**t is used to identify the subset of screeners in need of progressing to colonoscopy for a clear diagnosis and timely intervention if required.

Just to get you all excited you may want to scroll down to the bottom of this page. Bowel Cancer Australia

Nevertheless, in my opinion it's only a matter of time Cologuard will be available in Australia for free fully funded by the Australian Government and re-imbursed by Medicare and /or Health insurance companies. MY opinion!

COLOGUARDStage I - 90/87
    Stage II - 100/87
    Stage I to II - 94/87
    Stage III - 90/87
    Stage I - IV -
    Stage IV - 75/87
    Overall - 92/87

Cologuard (10,000 patients and 90 sites)

How Cologuard works
    As stated previously, there are other companies with similar approach to Rhythm’s proposed ColoSTAT™ product. Whether that be DNA and protein based. It's not the simplicity of the test but the result that counts. What $ value to you put on a person's life?

RHY seem to have done a great job in increasing sensitivity throughout the studies without affecting speficity to a large degree. I say this because

sensitivity and specificity are inverselyrelated. As sensitivity increases, specificity tends to decrease, and viceversa. Highly sensitive tests will lead to positive findings forpatients with a disease, whereas highly specific tests will show patientswithout a finding having no disease

While RHY states that COLOSTAT will be/ is/was 35% more accurate than the golbal market standard FIT for detecting CRC, I do wonder if it is 35% more accurate than the Australian market standard. You have to ask this question don't you? Or do you just take the company's word for it? See their disclaimer below. smile.png

My disclaimer: A lot of the above have been either paraphrased or copied from the internet

RHY disclaimer: Rhythm makes no warranty or representation (express or implied) as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information contained . Specifically, several matters referred to in the presentation remain under investigation and are subject to change or even elimination, depending on further research and investigation. Further, any opinions (including any forward-looking statements) expressed in this presentation are subject to change without notice. Rhythm and its directors, officers, employees, advisers and agents shall have no liability (including liability to any person by reason of negligence or negligent misstatement) for any statements, opinions, information or matters (express or implied) arising out of, contained in or derived from or for any omissions from this presentation, except liability under statute that cannot be excluded.

I hope you enjoyed the read. You know nothing

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RHY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.0¢
Change
-0.001(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $14.91M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.1¢ 6.2¢ 6.0¢ $7.244K 119.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 54512 6.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.2¢ 144742 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.39pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RHY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.