RHY 1.64% 6.0¢ rhythm biosciences limited

Many world wide companies are blood testing for colorectal cancer

1. 1,153 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    DNA !!! @edgck

https://www.marketscreener.com/quote/stock/EXACT-SCIENCES-CORPORATIO-9232/news/Cancer-researchers-question-antitrust-arguments-against-Illumina-Grail-deal-42565791/?countview=0

Several of the leading contenders take vastly different approaches to cancer detection and it is not yet clear which methods will prove most useful or when. Large, lengthy clinical trials are also needed to show the tests can benefit patients, experts say." All of the published data to date suggests promise, but nothing more than that," said Dr. Ernest Hawk at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.

"At the same time, Grail is the only company with a blood test designed to detect multiple early-stage cancers on the market, giving it a first-mover advantage with doctors prescribing the tests. However, it does not have regulatory approval and likely needs a lot more data to prove it works".

Guardant Health has been working on a blood test to detect colorectal cancer using a combination of DNA alterations and other biomarkers.

Other cancer test developers don't rely on gene sequencing at all. Some are working on blood tests to detect different markers of early cancer, including proteins.

My take. You take this Colostat blood test and pay say $100 -$150 for it. It comes back positive. You then can't sleep, you are anxious, you think you could die, your family are worried etc etc. Then to confirm the blood test results you do a FIT. It comes back as negative.
    You have gone through 2 stages of worrying and severe anxiety when it wasnt necessary

So many people out there still don't do Full Blood Count tests, what makes you think people will now take this blood test?

I'd rather do the FOBT which costs me nothing and worry once and not twice. It's the GOLD STANDARD right now. Maybe in 10 years blood testing will prevail when Medicare and health Insurance eventually re-imburse patients. That's a very long process as well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RHY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.0¢
Change
-0.001(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $14.91M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.1¢ 6.2¢ 6.0¢ $7.244K 119.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 54512 6.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.2¢ 144742 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.39pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RHY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.