MDS 6.25% 15.0¢ midas resources limited

Been waiting a while for some further news on the below. Just...

1. 1,899 Posts.
    Been waiting a while for some further news on the below.
    Just wondering your thoughts on what the sp/mc would be if the JV gets the nod.

BTW free carrying a bundle. :D

BASE METALS
    Paterson Joint Venture Nifty Area (Giralia Resources NL 33.33%, Midas Resources Limited 33.33%, MPF Exploration Pty Ltd 33.33%)
    Midas Resources Limited, Giralia Resources NL and MPF Exploration Pty Ltd formed the Paterson Joint Venture (PJV) in November 2009 and are the applicants for Exploration Licences 45/3498, 3499, 3501-3510, 3540 and 3556 in the highly prospective Paterson Province, in the east Pilbara region of W.A. Each company has a one third participating interest in the PJV and Midas is the operator. The tenements are located on strike from the Nifty Copper Mine in a highly mineralised district that also includes the Telfer Gold Mine and the Kintyre Uranium deposit.
    Birla Nifty Pty Ltd (Birla Nifty), the owner of the Nifty Copper Mine, and the former holder of the expired exploration licences covered by the PJVs applications has objected to all of the applications on various grounds and has also appealed to the Minister for Mines and Petroleum requesting that the Minister exercise his powers under section 111A of the Mining Act 1978 (WA) and terminate the PJV applications. The PJV has also made a submission to the Minister supporting its applications and the Ministers decision is still pending.
    STRATEGIC OUTLOOK
    The Company is proactive in the Pilbara regarding iron ore opportunities and has made a number of tenement applications over areas considered prospective for iron ore. The current objectives are to expand the resource base in West Pilbara through exploration and acquisition and to investigate the access to existing infrastructure.
    In the current high gold price environment the Board is keen to extract maximum value for its advanced Fortitude gold project. A number of parties have expressed interest in the project and confidentiality agreements have been signed with several parties with a view to their evaluating various commercial alternatives including development of the Fortitude Project on its own, or in partnership with others, or disposal of all or part of the Companys 100% interest in the project on favourable terms. In the mean time the Company continues to progress its exploration strategy at Lake Carey.
    The Board is pleased with the application for a significant tenement holding south of Leonora, which reaffirms the Companys ongoing gold exploration focus in this district.

News on the above could put a rocket under the SP.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MDS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.