map of israel, page-34

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    Thank you for the kind words, oracle. No, I'm not a Rabbi, just an old "Peace-nik", lol.

just one thing;

in your reply to Voltaire, you said : "In addition, Israel is a secular state. It is not run by Rabbis (unlike Iran which is run by the equivalent) and therefore it is not governed with biblical or religious aspirations. "

I have noticed a trend which is ongoingly reported in Haaretz, that religion is increasingly creeping into Israeli society and noticeably eroding the democracy that existed.
    I refer to the discrimination that was previously directed towards Arab citizens, but now exists towards citizens who are only Jewish from one parent. These people are now feeling that they are victims of a growing apartheid, and fear for their future. The power of the Ultra-orthodox is growing by comparison. I cant understand the why, but it certainly seems to be happening. Also from Haaretz recently, male members of the IDF were shunning religious services where female IDF members were present, or at least distancing themselves. I certainly cant understand the religious aspect there. So while you may have been right in what you said as applicable to the past, the status quo appears to be changing, and religion is rearing its head.
    I fear that ultra religious zealots gaining power there could be as dangerous as Islamic extremists to world peace.
    And one last thought...on Zionism....remember that there exist Christian Zionists, mainly concentrated in the US. They are totally allied with the Israeli Zionist, but with one dangerous twist.......in their extreme beliefs, their glory will come with the total destruction of Israel, which they believe will lead to the "Second Coming" of Christ.
    Mate, extreme or ultra in ANY religion is bad news, and the thought of the "Samson Option" leaves me cold.

cheers
    GZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.