myproblem, I didn't hear Faber saying buy bear during GFC. Can...

1. 78 Posts.
    myproblem,

I didn't hear Faber saying buy bear during GFC.
    Can you post a video interview or web link that supports what you have said? I would be interested in seeing what he said. I searched the internet and I cant find a reference to this.

This article (June 2008) is saying that all the investment banks should be let go bust so the system will be cleaned.
    He mentions Bear Stearns as an example of one bank who should go bust. Does not sound like he was promoting bear during the GFC as you claim.
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/25406894/Let_Big_Brokers_Fail_Buy_Gold_Not_Oil_Marc_Faber

From that Article.

If I'm a bad businessman and I go out of business, who's gong to help me?" he said. "But Bear Stearns and the Wall Street elite, because they are tied into the Treasury and the Federal Reserve and they have lunch together, it's a club and so forth, they're bailed out. It's a joke!"

Kingy,

Marc Faber is well known and respected economist. He is extremely well versed in global economics. He has called the March 09 Share Market Rally and this May 2010 correction.
    He is given plenty of air time by Bloomberg and CNBC.

Why should his words and views on australia be moderated on Hotcopper?

I think that when he says something, people should listen.

We could listen to Stevens and the banking economists with the vested interests.

I would rather listen to Faber, Schiff, Roubini, Chanos and a few others.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.