IMU 5.36% 5.9¢ imugene limited

Wow, I really got a kick out of that. It's the first investor...

1. 262 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 162
    Wow, I really got a kick out of that. It's the first investor event I've been to. My thoughts:

• Shareholders writing angry emails - I reiterate what others have said. This was the very first thing Paul Hopper said and he did it to deflect any further questions on the subject. If anyone has bought shares that have now gone down in value, that's their decision. It's not Imugene management's job to pump up the share price, it's their job to cure cancer, and the price will follow.
    • Yuman mentioned the Vaxinia trial. That trial came about because Paul and Leslie asked him how he could go about making the toughest possible version of the virus (my words, not his - can't remember his exact words). Basically, every time you add a gene to a virus (e.g. the one to express CD19 protein), it becomes a bit less tough. So this trial really is to see exactly how effective the virus can be alone in killing cancer.
    • I had a great chat to Leslie and Yuman. For me personally this brought me insight into the human side of this company. It's easy to get caught up in discussions of share prices and valuations, especially if you spend too much time reading this board, but these guys are scientists who deeply care about curing cancer.
    • Discussed the angry emails with Leslie and the fact that people writing these are probably simply too emotionally invested, possibly too financially invested, and the value of their investment has gone down. Mentioned that biotechs are intrinsically risky investments, then discussed how Imugene is somewhat de-risked by the fact that they have 3 different technologies instead of just 1 (like most other biotechs).
    • Leslie really rates Jakob Dupont - mentioned this a few times - and is super happy to have him on board.
    • His background in Car-T therapies as Global Head of R&D at Atara Therapeutics makes him perfect to have on board with the upcoming onCARlytics trials.
    • Which - in my opinion - they all seemed the most excited about out of the three techs.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. I really enjoyed that and feel very comfortable with my investment. Now I'm off to dig down the back of the couch for some change so I can pick up some more shares.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
0.003(5.36%)
Mkt cap ! $431.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.6¢ 6.1¢ 5.6¢ $1.239M 21.07M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 1459482 5.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.0¢ 633310 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.