March Tails_Blooms_N_Anything, page-485

1. 18,355 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 178
    Hi Margaret - I was exposed to some pretty basic stuff as a child - like no food, going hungry for long periods - and I would have been 4 or 5 - shots in the night when German soldiers were marched through village by Russians - villagers out in the morning and there was a dead horse in the paddock (the rider had vanished into the night).  The entire village lined up with containers and a man, obviously a butcher, was cutting bits of the dead horse and dealing it out to the  queue - I thought nothing of it.  Similar with the meat jellies my Mum used to make - half a pigs head in a pot, didn't put me off.  My kids though, here in Australia, a different story  - I am sure they still think of me as some kind of descendant from Attila the Hun -
    BUT one daughter (eldest girl) was gluten-sensitive and tried for years to find out what was wrong with her - so I have been through
    cooking macro-biotic
    cooking Indian/Asian
    cooking Vegetarian
    definitely glutenfree
    and lately - and she is going through another separation - she has even become sensitive to mangoes - I mean mangoes - my favourite fruit - I have just about given up - yet she is such a sweety, don't want to upset her in any way . . . .

True about bread: - the best thing is to restrict yourself to a certain amount per day - I love bread, especially now since Coles actually have a genuine European brand rye bread - courtesy of a French bakery called 'Laurent'

I do think though, that this generation of young people - and not-so-young either - is making a transition from being meat-eaters only to at least reducing their meat intake which is a good thing for the planet and will make it possible to feed ever-growing humanity into the future.
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.