LYC 1.16% $5.98 lynas rare earths limited

march to parliment 300kmsss

1. 850 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    these crazy idiots will try anything to trick and cheat lynas out of malaysia and take away good future for good malaysians

14-day anti-Lynas walk begins tomorrow
    Teoh El Sen | November 12, 2012
    Scores are expected to join Himpunan Hijau leader Wong Teck in his trek from Kuantan to KL.
    PETALING JAYA: Environmental activist Wong Tack will begin a 14-day walk from Kuantan to Parliament tomorrow to rally support against the Lynas rare earth plant.
    Scores of supporters are expected to join him on the 300-kilometre journey.
    “I announced this as an individual action, but now the whole of Malaysia is coming forward, and that’s what we need,” said Wong, who leads Himpunan Hijau, a group campaigning against the Lynas plant in Gebeng, near Kuantan.
    “This is not an organised event,” he told FMT. “I had planned to do this alone, but my committee responded immediately to gather support. Now other NGOs and people along the way are chipping in, like bicycle teams to provide security. I am touched and excited about this.”
    Wong said he hoped the exercise would highlight other controversial projects like the petrochemical plant in Pengerang, the Murum dam in Sarawak, the Raub gold mine, and the alleged land grab in Cameron Highlands.
    “There are so many issues. There are so many destructive projects in our country. They are all serious and irreversible. Our citizens have come forward for years to ask the government to respond, but all these while we have been pushed aside, ignored completely.
    “We have submitted so many reports and expert findings about Lynas, but the only thing our prime minister says is simply that ‘it is safe.’ We cannot accept that.”
    He lambasted the parliamentary select committee that declared the Gebeng plant safe, belittling its deliberations on the issue as a “teh tarik” session.
    “Nobody cares about this country any more,” he said. “People in position don’t care. They don’t listen to the rakyat. They are no longer concerned about this country. What they care about is how much more they can grab.”
    Blockade
    Wong said one of the objectives of his walk was to call on supporters to prepare for a blockade of the Lynas plant.
    Last week, the Kuantan High Court lifted a suspension of Lynas’s temporary operating license, and the Gebeng plant is expected to begin operations soon.
    “We know the ore might be coming any time now,” Wong said.
    “I’ve sent out a red-alert. Any time now we might have to converge in Kuantan to stop the ore from reaching our shores. We will not allow an ounce of it in. If we need to go to jail, to sacrifice our freedom to protect the country, so be it.”
    Asked if he expected the walk to develop into a major march involving a large number of supporters, Wong said the numbers were not important.
    “Numbers is not what we want. We don’t want too many people on the road, as there would be safety issues too, but we just want spiritual support. If you are in your office, send a few SMSes, inspire a few other people, go to Facebook. Because when the time comes, we want people to take the responsibility to act.”
    Wong is expected to begin his walk at 7am at the Kuantan Municipal Council Field 1, next to the State Mosque.
    He said he planned to reach Dataran Merdeka on Nov 25 and walk to Parliament from there.
    He added that he would stop at some villages and towns along the way to talk about his campaign.
    “Reaching the destination is just symbolic. Basically we want to tell this regime that power is in the hands of the people. If you are tired of running the country, then the people want to take over. You should get out.”

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2012/11/12/14-day-anti-lynas-walk-begins-tomorrow/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.98
Change
-0.070(1.16%)
Mkt cap ! $5.664B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.93 $6.08 $5.88 $28.55M 4.786M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 5715 $5.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.99 11034 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.32pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.