PEN 6.00% 9.4¢ peninsula energy limited

vintage, i'm a believer of uranium and nuclear energy, otherwise...

1. 3,304 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 679
    vintage, i'm a believer of uranium and nuclear energy, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

like you, i have read and believe exactly what u are saying about supply and demand, with the japanese still buying uranium all this time due to contract obligations, and the chinese sitting on stockpiles (they would have been silly not to have been buying up all this time with the U price so low).

hence, like u, i also believe it will take many years (i've read up to 2020) for there to be a shortage of uranium. Until then, the U price won't be increasing quickly any time soon, which is what would boost the PEN share price the most in my opinion.

as for Karoo, yes there is potential, but not being an ISR operation, we need the spot price to be upwards towards $70+, which is probably around 2020 as stated above (all my opinion of course). i don't see Karoo going into production before 2017/2018 as Gus has stated. PEN bulls can continue to believe Gus if they wish, despite him telling us we were supposed to be in production in 2012.

long term (5-6 years), PEN should be a winner, but it's a long time especially for those who have held before Fukushima. better invested elsewhere in the meantime? maybe, but certainly better invested elsewhere for the past 4 years, even in an online savings account with a bank.

PEN has good fundamentals (eg. announcements to come, etc), but whether that translate into a much higher share price (eg. 8 cents) without a much higher U price is highly questionable. I'll believe it when i see it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.