marcus padley on setting up a smsf

1. 3,298 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    Marcus Padley's article in the Age today is highly critical of individuals setting up SMSF & encourages would creators of SMSF to pay 2% for peace of mind.
    I personally would not recommend everyone should set up a SMSF, but all the people I know who have done so, have not only gained control of the financial affairs, they have become far more financially aware, plus they all have outperformed any equivalent managed funds. Each person I know has taken a different strategy to how they manage their funds, & they have gained a great deal of confidence out of being able to achieve success in this field.
    Unfortunately, Mr Padley still has to work as a stockbroker for a living & also produce a series of articles each week, this week's article in the Age is not only poorly researched but a huge endorsement of managed funds. Perhaps a more factually researched article would have produced a far more balance disussion of this topic. Making reference to would be SMSF trustees as no Warren Buffett's, could equally be said of all those fund managers who fail to also deliver results for there clients yet still charge management fees for this privilege. Mr Padley perhaps at least try & gain some genuine balance in your next article if your expect anyone to use their valueable time to read your "articles"
    Regards
    Bufett
    PS Remember,"those that can do, those that can't teach."
    Written by someone who has successfully run their own superfund for over 25 years.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.