Mardi Gras, page-118

1. 18,215 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171

@uranium69 - I bet you have never danced in your life - you want to try it! And most men even in historic times wore something like a dress, before trousers came into existence by virtue of the rider folk from the east.
    also
    @Rock57 @DrStrangelove

1. You don't have to watch it -
    I watched a bit of it, found it childish - watched enough to see that people with disabilities were also featured, which is a great thing, they probably look forward to having a day/evening in public more than anyone else,
    What chance have disabled people got to be looked at with more than pity, except here, where they can dress up, sing, yell, be part of a bigger event, be a 'child' - and have that sense of fun and play, we all take for granted in our daily lives, even when adult.

To me homosexuality is not a choice, it is something you are born with, something like being left-handed or having myopia.
    They have no choice and through centuries were discriminated against, often hunted down and killed in our Judeo-Christian culture - and

worse in Muslim culture, but there it is probably easier to 'hide' as they live their lives in such a segregated way - men entertaining themselves, amongst each other, no mixed company there and easy for homosexual males to have a relationship (in some Muslim countries males even kiss in public as a greeting). Some women, in former times and kept by rich alpha-males in harems, probably sought solace in each other's arms - so no obvious signs of homosexuality in Muslim culture . . . but plenty of opportunity.

IMO the major reason homosexuality is so derided is the fact that major religions, namely Christian, Judeo, and Muslim, even some Eastern ones, lay great value on the family and its procreative function, to provide more 'believers'. All religions want to proselytise, that is: preach and grow (and get their believers' tithes [money]) - homosexuals, generally, do not do this, so they are a threat to the growth factor of their 'god' business, as a result; in countries where there is no strict division between Church and State, persecution of gays (as well as other other religions) is usually harsh - a case in point here is the Islamic Iran, where women get persecuted for the most ridiculous deviation in dress code alone . . . or should I mention Afghanistan where women are treated worse than cattle?

So I am all for the slight craziness our society presents us with from time to time, not just with/on Mardi Gras - it has no effect on 'normal' people - no worse than some of the shows on TV which are often questionable - you just turn them off. It's that simple.
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.