SAR 0.00% $4.69 saracen mineral holdings limited

margin calls, page-32

1. 11,785 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6315
    Great analysis SoC. I think if any management team in the sector was doing this, it would be SAR.
    I have 100% confidence that due to the remoteness of the facilities, plus the nature of the job, which is somewhat solitary, plus... unlike many other mining operations, the price of the produce is still holding up well, compared to every other asset class (and will I think be even more so when we start to see property prices fall, and fall heavily).

I was actually discussing this exact topic this morning with father, who for better or worse, follows my advice on miners.
    I simply told him, that SAR is the best in the sector. They have 10+ mine lives for all of their mines.. They are low cost, and... unlike many, have HUGE stockpiles of ore (@nordesmic highlighted this in one of his recent videos) so much so in fact, that they could (just an estimate at this stage) likely operate with a reduced workforce if things get really bad, for upwards of 3-6 months. Any miner worth their salt should already be doing what they can to increase their stock piles just case, things like rolling stoppages occur in any of the states (although obviously Western Australia is the most relevant). I also take into consideration that the W.A gov has proven to date, to be willing to support the mining sector, whilst also making saving lives the highest priority (as in, they are proving very active and trying to pre-empt what is coming with COVID-19, unlike the Federal government).

You have mentioned many of the techniques that the likes of Sinapore are using to not only enable businesses to operate, but even schools in some cases, yet they have been under quarantine rules for almost 6 weeks (I think). I have read that from multiple news services. So whilst the general public do need to go to ground, many businesses can still operate.

I also agree about how surprising the fall in the share prices of many good gold producing stocks, but... I have made a clear decision to continue to buy what I view as the best in the sector SAR (and RRL) are to me, the best, especially once SAR starts paying dividends (perhaps later this year is my guess). Then, with a world of zero interest rates, I feel confident that the 'market' will have to chase what little yield is available to them.

I bought more today, and will try to slowly added, with my slowly dwindling cash pile.

I know of a few businesses I simply will not be touching for, well, a long time. As this virus may continue to mutate and literally, change the world as we know it. Either way, with the CBs printing money to the moon, the world over-leveraged, and physical gold running of the shelves... well. I have chosen my strategy on how to try and protect myself in the coming 12-18 months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.