AFG 0.72% $1.38 australian finance group ltd

margin calls, page-10

1. 310 Posts.
    No, not for that reason. It's because he's a herder; one that clogs up the forums with trite. Investing (assuming you believe it's not all random) is about taking positions and following them through. Here, DULL took a position, professed it repeatedly to the world, then, without any material news except the reduction in shareprice, followed the herd and sold. For me this means someone who doesn't "get it".

Now, it is true that sometimes that market is right, and that it signals in advance, but it is equally true that the most successful investors in the world (a) believe in their decisions and (b) tend to be contrary to current popular belief. If you are professing your like of a stock, not backing it up with real facts and inferences that relate to those facts, but, instead, just stating emotional trite like "dog" is meaningless. I would put my money with Vayama and rormon long before Dull and yourself, even if they're wrong here, simply because they think about what's going on. Not just herd.

Finally, on a more meaningful note, I think that the fact that Allco 'secured' the 200M is incredible, and losing the backing comes as no surprise. I recently bought more AFG expecting this. No institution would agree given the current climate. Sure, it might not be the best to have all these assets on AFG's balance sheet. But they are attractive assets, and as they say earnings reduction is not "material".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.38
Change
-0.010(0.72%)
Mkt cap ! $373.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.40 $1.41 $1.38 $398.2K 285.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 12254 $1.38

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.39 15493 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.