YAL 1.23% $7.42 yancoal australia limited

I think the fact that coal prices have gone down so much...

1. 312 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 42
    I think the fact that coal prices have gone down so much recently and yet the share price has remained mostly within its $5.50 to $6.50 trading range shouts that the market has finally woken up to how much cash this co. is now holding / generating (finally). Where to from here, well for my 2 bobs worth;

coal price; may fluctuate down more yet but ultimately should trend higher again, there just aren't many new coal mines coming on line and those that are will likely be the last thanks to all the greenies everywhere .... not to mention China's coal demand just keeps on

Where to next for YAL: Well divvy policy is 50%(from memory) of profit, what to do with the other 50%, well hard to say as obviously whatever it be needs to be approved by our majority Chinese shareholders, but for mine it's no use keeping billions in cash, yes keep a reasonable amount, the rest either return it to shareholders by way of even fatter dividends (or more likely a share buyback) or even better lets diversify into something else (lithium maybe??)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YAL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.42
Change
0.090(1.23%)
Mkt cap ! $9.797B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.35 $7.42 $7.28 $11.36M 1.545M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 200 $7.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.42 14737 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
YAL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.