If Bush intervenes in this he's about what I thought him to...

1. 1,998 Posts.
    If Bush intervenes in this he's about what I thought him to be.

According to charges, Pantano ordered other troops to remove the suspects’ handcuffs and look away, then shot the pair in the back, vandalized their vehicle and hung a sign over their corpses bearing a Marine slogan: “No better friend, no worse enemy.”

Pantano's description
    In a statement, Pantano told investigators the two men had their backs to him and continued talking to each other despite warnings to be quiet.

“After another time of telling them to be quiet, they quickly pivoted their bodies toward each other. They did this simultaneously, while speaking in muffled Arabic. I thought they were attacking me and I decided to fire my M-16A4 service rifle in self-defense,” the statement said.

Pantano was investigated and cleared at the field level last year and continued combat operations. But civilian defense lawyer Charles Gittins said a disgruntled enlisted man complained after Pantano’s unit returned to Camp Lejeune. A new probe led to the charge.

Pantano was raised in a rough New York City neighborhood but got a scholarship to an expensive prep school. After a stint in the Marines, he became a Wall Street energy trader and then an executive in a film company, earning a six-figure salary.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.