MAE 0.00% 0.0¢ marion energy limited

marion's producation data until dec 08', page-23

1. 8,606 Posts.
    I just spoke to someone who does know for fact and sop i am of the second hand opinoin that i am dead set right on this.

1mcf is a way of writing 1 thousand cubic feet.

The key is an "mcf" is actually the number 1000.
    So any number in from of the mcf is to be timed by a tousand if you are to acheive the total thousand cuci footage - as opposed to the total million cubic footage or billion cubic footage, we are talking thousands with "mcf"

So what ever the number is in front of the mcf needs and MUST be multiplied by a thousand.

So very simply, 1mcf is 1 x 1000 = your cubic footage.

Now, The Utah Oil and Gas industry requires production and stripper wells to be reported in batches of 1 thousand cubic feet (approx 1 BTU) and it cannot be reported in million cubic feet or billoin cubic feet.

So when a report shows that they have produced 1000mcf (one thousand THOUSAND cubic feet) that is actually
    1MMcf (Million cubic feet)....or .01bcf (billion cubic feet).

Ok. If thats too confusing, it is all decimal based. Because the lowest possible measurement of Gas is per THOUSAND cubic feet (never reported as hundreds or tens), then the industry standard does in FACT multiply by 1000.

1000mcf is equal to 1mmcf
    Why?

Because 1000mcf is also 1000x1000cubic feet.

Not thousand cubic feet or hundred cubic feet, but just cubic feet, but they dont report it that way.

I rest my case, 311,000mcf is indeed 311mmcf.
    And similarly, it can also be written as 311,000,000cf
    but the industry does not accept a denominator of less than 1000 (hence, 1mcf is 1000 cubif feet).

I cant say it anymore ways, its a fact. Have an gas indusrty expert explain if you need, but dont be fooled by a simple decimal transfer of 3 places when interpreting cubic footage off a report. I'm serious, check it out.
    I just got told and it did sound silly in the end when he said that everything is a multiple of 1000 due to 1000 being the smallest denominator they accept.
    END for me now, Im more than oversatisfied that we have produced millions of cubic feet and that we have turned off the taps since the new year in a correographed manner for a good reason.

Lautrec

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.