mark arbib - master spy??, page-18

1. 7,747 Posts.
    Tell me what he said please because I don't make any judgments on anyone if I don't know the facts.

Now one thing I do know that is fact is,

Julie Bishop stuffed up. She shouldn't have made the intelligence allegation if she wasn't prepared to stick with it and back it up. (ABC)
    Politicians fudge and prevaricate all the time. But it's not often they deny - in writing - having said something that is on videotape for everybody to see.

That's what the Liberal's deputy leader and shadow minister for foreign affairs, Julie Bishop, did this week.

Bishop said this in an interview with Fairfax on Line (and on camera): "It would be naive to think that Israel is the only country in the world that has used forged passports, including Australian passports, for security operations."

Q: "What, we do?"

Bishop: "Yes."

She went on to say that for clarification, the question should be put to the Foreign Minister but she "believed it had occurred".

Then in a statement she said she did not state that Australian intelligence agencies have forged the passports of other nations.

OK. Black is white. Even getting it in writing doesn't work anymore.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/05/26/2910073.htm

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.