Mark McGowan, page-142

1. 18,267 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1009
    My generation saw diseases like polio, measles. diphtheria, tetenas. My father died at the age of 34 from an infection that is rare and no longer considered lethal. I chose to be vaccinated. One of my best friends as a youth ended up a cripple on crutches. I don't agree that it should be compulsory but those that chose not to be could be responsible for maintaining the virus within the community.

Polio
    Poliomyelitis, commonly shortened to polio, is an infectious disease caused by the poliovirus. In about 0.5 percent of cases, it moves from the gut to affect the central nervous system, and there is muscle weakness resulting in a flaccid paralysis. This can occur over a few hours to a few days.Wikipedia
    Measles
    Measles is a highly contagious infectious disease caused by measles virus. Symptoms usually develop 10–12 days after exposure to an infected person and last 7–10 days. Initial symptoms typically include fever, often greater than 40 °C, cough, runny nose, and inflamed eyes.Wikipedia

Diphtheria
    Diphtheria is an infection caused by the bacterium Corynebacterium diphtheriae. Most infections are asymptomatic or have a mild clinical course, but in some outbreaks more than 10% of those diagnosed with the disease may die. Signs and symptoms may vary from mild to severe and usually start two to five days after exposure.Wikipedia

These and many others are no longer a serious disease because of vaccination programs.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.