GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

I guess instead of blaming short sellers every time GXY SP goes...

1. 828 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 53

I guess instead of blaming short sellers every time GXY SP goes down, people to blame are those who lend them for shorting for earning 1-2% interest per annum.

Unless they stop lending to shorters there is no way you can beat short sellers (except short squeeze occur due to takeover announcement). Currently its number 2 shorted stock on ASX and I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes number 1 by end of next month. The pace at which the management is doing the development work at SDV and JB, shorters will have enough time to cover their positions without being squeezed. All those shorters who would have shorted this stock at $3.50 - $3.60 back in June are sitting on 37% profit. And from what I have heard, Short sellers are good at analysis compared to one going long.

No price sensitive announcement will be able to push the SP back to $3.50 except for a TO announcement or if all the people lending the shares ask to give them back at same time but then shorters will find someone else out there who is ready to lend them shares for covering their short position and continue with further shorting!!! They will easily cover their short position if they need to when SDV JV announcement or Mt Cattlin resource/reserve update is announced because they will find someone else who is ready to lend them shares for shorting.

You can only beat short sellers if the fundamentals of company are sound. Short sellers are looking at current Mt Cattlin productions situation and issue surrounding it and not what it will produce in 2021. And the current situation isn't that great as Mt Cattlin production isn't consistent and have one issue after another each quarter. 

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.