market aftermath

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I expected today would be a blood bath so switched off the computers and decided to go go out for the day. With family took my 96 year old mum out to lunch and had a very pleasant day. It made me reflect just how lucky we are to be able to do that given the real tragedies that can occur at any time anywhere. The disasters in Queensland Christchurch or Japan and many other places reminds me we can never take life for granted. So it motivates me to make better use of my time and to treat each day as a gift to be enjoyed. Blow the markets I thought, focus on what is most important to me and I did.

Anyway after a very enjoyable day particularly seeing the smile and hearing the chuckle from my dear mother who had a really good time I got home and decided to check my share portfolio and see how much damage had been done.

First thing, looked at the all ords and noted it had dropped 100 points, then went into my trading a/c and looked at the net result on the day. A big grin that nearly reached my ears developed as I noted I had finished slightly up, on the day of the bloodbath. Much of the reason for this was that I had cashed out of some stocks starting last week. Moral of the story. It was just chance luck lol and regardless of how stocks perform be thankful for the joys we are fortunate enough to still experience each day. Remember, an earthquake , tsunami,fire, flood,terminal illness or traffic accident could make all the worry about money etc an exercise in futility.

Tomorrow is another day. Take it as it comes and if it does come smile and enjoy it.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.