RXM 0.00% 45.0¢ rex minerals limited

market cap 4130m, page-3

1. 27 Posts.
    CJ
    let's not all get too gungho over sea water seepage into the proposed pit. (either way)

I live in Moonta and worked in mineral exploration on Yorke Peninsula for 8 years back in the 70s & 80s. I am now a farmer, so i've got a foot in both camps. I have watched Hillside progress from day 1 and believe everything is on track for mining. BUT, my only wish is that 'if only the deposit was'nt so close to the sea'. The EIS is going to be the biggest hurdle to jump.

Back to Moonta- CJ, if you go on Google Earth and run the cursor over the Moonta Mines & Hillside the elevations are similar (40m/45m). The sea level is critical.
    I have seen pure seawater flowing out of an auger hole & down the street at Moonta Bay,500m inland. Hughes Pumphouse certainly kept the mines relatively dry but the mine water was drained back into the sea. Try doing that these days.

CAPS The Ardrossan dolomite quarry was started back in the 50s when 'Greens' were forced down my throat at meals time. Also after 60 years of mining the bottom of the pit has not yet reached sea level.

Rex assures us that the 'granite belt' immediately east of the proposed pit is a natural impenetrable wall that will keep the sea out. I assume they are refering to the unmineralised/ unaltered granite that has not weathered too deeply compared to the mineralized/ brecciated granite (Songvaar lode) which has weathered to over 100m deep, well below sea level. If the 'granite belt' is free of cross faulting and any other geological permeable features it could well do the job. I have never seen a 2 klm length of any rock type that perfect.

Tezz

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RXM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
45.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $352.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.0¢ 45.5¢ 45.0¢ $307.0K 681.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 4255383 45.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
45.5¢ 3965660 23
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RXM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.