CI1 0.00% 11.0¢ credit intelligence ltd

My thinking is that I generally like CI1 without SME BNPL, but...

1. 84 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    My thinking is that I generally like CI1 without SME BNPL, but my way of thinking (as a long term player in CI1) is that YOZO might be a good play in that space.

That reason lies in that the biggest killer of SME businesses (or perhaps all businesses, big and small) is cash flow. It has very little to do with revenue - cash flow is king. A business can grow revenue at a remarkable rate, but if it cannot manage cash flow then CRASH. It happens all the time. Cash flow is King.

So a solution for an SME to stagger that cash flow (obviously within strict controls), coupled with an opportunity to not pay interest (on a line of credit, for example), is a clear winner. So long as debts can be appropriately managed, I think YOZO in time, will be a winner.

BNPL is a small margin business though. And highly competitive. But the options for business are less competitive. Take NAB for instance: it’s a dreadful retail bank but a fantastic bank for business. And it’s share price reflects that.

While margins are tight though, there are other creative ways in which a greater margin is made - and I am not talking about late fees (10% of APT’s operating revenue - which isn’t going to last btw).

As for the business of restructuring debt for retail or business, well, that is an obvious winner. As soon as the western world realises that continued consumerism comes at a price, then CI1 will most certainly benefit. It isn’t the first to play in this space, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be. It just has to build market awareness to this capability - which it undoubtedly will. And it only needs a fraction of that market, in all truth.

Debt restructuring is a specified skill, not everyone can negotiate those things. But CI1 can - and does.

CI1 has certainly had a DREADFUL couple of days - there is no point denying that - although it has also had some fantastic share price growth in the past 2 weeks too.

For a profitable “speccy” stock and renewed focus by a broader market, which includes the retail hoard on Hot Copper as well as Insto’ interest (albeit short lived), can only mean one thing: a market cap under A$100m won’t last long.

Last edited by aboyl000: 25/02/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CI1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.