MMC 9.44% 98.5¢ mitre mining corporation limited

As a top down investor I primarily focus on the macro and...

1. 79 Posts.
    As a top down investor I primarily focus on the macro and global. All my research leads me to believe, that it's extremely likely that China will greatly rebound in next few years. (Less certain of India.)   Even now as analysts are gloomy about 7.5% growth in China, most fail to factor in that all these many past years of 10-11% growth has been compounding, so that the current 7.5% growth is now off a very large base, still making this quite a very large increase of growth.  

Sparing you my further thinking on this topic..... I'm posting today on something I heard about a month ago, that if it should be at all true, is truly astonishing, and would make all us Marengo holders eventually wealthy. (These are rocky times, it couldn't hurt to indulge in some wishful thinking.) About a month I heard a program on global affairs, that had on Kishore Mahbubani, a respected academic, former foreign secretary from Singapore, and author who is getting buzz in the US for his latest book, "The Great Convergence". He stated matter of factly..... that in the next SEVEN YEARS, the middle class in Asia is going to triple!!!!! He states it will go from 500 million currently, to 1.7 billion by 2020!    Even if he was 1/3 right, it still would be astounding!  Obviously, without saying, everyone here knows what would happen to resource prices!   Perhaps, I'm being wildly, impetuously, optimistic in thinking that it's likely that in the next 7 years, Marengo might actually release the DFS and have a producing mine to capitalize on these events!!

Seriously, should this scenario happen, this degree of  scarcity of natural resources would most certainly raise global tensions, at the very least, and does give pause in that regard.

Moving on...

Mahogany.... Thank you for your kind words.... so very nice of you to say, and so very nice to hear!

AJ... Looking so forward to meeting you, and very much your brilliant wife, who was clever enough to marry such a darling, humorous man, as well as a stock wizard!

Oscar.... Thanks for your welcome, and good to know what the quality men of down under drink. (Along with the quality Corona drinking men, I rush to add!!) I'm not all that much of beer drinker..... outside in a bar, perhaps, a Guinness, Bass ale, or Corona, and if I'm buying in a store..... get ready for this.... most times I buy Foster's!!!!  Awww, Yes!, I know,  not only have I destroyed my Diva status, but now no one in Oz will open their door to me as I'm too embarrassing to know!!!  In my defense.... I picked up this Foster's habit for the first time, years back....... My former husband and myself were spending several nights staying up in the wee hours watching Live, The America's Cup, and we were rooting for the Kiwis AGAINST the US. In order to be in solidarity with NZ we decided to drink a simpatico brew while we watched, the closest we could find was Foster's! Merit points for that????? Plus, quite honestly, for years now, I've been rooting for Cadel Evans and Adam Scott... isn't that worthy of being cut some slack in Oz beer faux pas??? 

Ciao!
    Diva

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.