CTP 1.92% 5.1¢ central petroleum limited

Was a bit shocked today at the market reaction to the latest...

1. 939 Posts.
    Was a bit shocked today at the market reaction to the latest announcement by CTP!
    Others have offered their views on why - one convincing one being the manner in which the announcement was phrased in that to some it read that CTP only had a 10% profit share rather than a 32% share. The ambiguity came from the statement that we had a 10% share of the “Operation”
    The Company should clarify this situation!!
    Announcing on Melbourne Cup Day would not have helped either!!!
    Regardless IMO the resultant Market reaction shook the tree and got rid of the day, short term , and “johnny come lately traders” who do not fully understand this stock and are looking for very short term gains.
    i.e. They would not have a clue about past drilling results (beyond maybe Surprise – there have been many!!)) and no idea of the overall massive leases we have still kept in our own right. No idea of the massive Coal reserves which I don’t even think some long term investors recognise with their potential for Underground Gasification away from Farms and Greenies. Then we have the Helium which has been forgotten by many and after all that we still have millions of acres in our own right even after the Farm Outs!!! Including Surprise!!!
    So I decided to look closer at our “Partners” . (As I was doing this other posters highlighted major companies taking up an interest surrounding our leases – see previous posts)
    Following is some details of who we are mixing it with –
    Company Capitalisation Sales Revenue Employees
    Santos $11.5 Billion $2.5 Billion 2,800
    Total $120 Billion $216 Billion 96,000

And for the record –
    Hess Corp who is doing Millions of Dollars of Seismic on my mates property north of CTP leases has a capitalisation of $40 Billion .
    Total is the 5th biggest Oil Gas company in the world!!
    These companies are not showing such interest unless they are fairly sure they will get a result!!
    The Northern Territory seems to be the Focus of the World Majors!!!
    CTP is now mixing it with the real big end of town!!!
    Sure it will take another 6 to 12 months before we see tangible results from additional drilling and Seismic and this returns me to my original point –
    The share price did not respond accordingly today because short term “Jonnys come lately” with no patience who are possessed with short term gain and cannot read announcements properly (too much of a hurry to sell) bailed out. Good I say!! If it keeps up tomorrow I shall buy more!!
    Now having said that!
    I do have a concern that any of our big brother partners could take us over with their Office Girls (or Boys) Petty Cash . I would hope that Cottee is too smart for that to happen at a silly price but maybe our resident Legal Technical Supremo !
    The Camden Kid could assist us in this regard???
    Are u out there Bob??!!!??
    Don

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
-0.001(1.92%)
Mkt cap ! $37.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 5.1¢ $21.21K 413.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 914693 5.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.3¢ 109110 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.48pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.