CTP 7.69% 4.8¢ central petroleum limited

I remember CTP at 24cents well as I first bought in around that...

1. 555 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 49
    I remember CTP at 24cents well as I first bought in around that time. As I recall BG only came into the picture because they took over QGC, not because they wanted to deal with CTP, the fact they dumped us showed that they were not interested in investing in ctp. So any share rise was an inflated price on expectation that did not eventuate, as such the price crashed once BG announced they were not interested. That was not delivering real value to shareholders.

Rightly or wrongly the share price plummeted to 4c.. and quite frankly I could not see anything JH could do to pull it out of the mud. He could have drilled another hole in surprise but given the number of past failures with drilling in surprise success was likely to be low. then where would we have been. the next CR would have been for 2cents if we have been lucky.

$37 per acre is cheap, but in the current economic environment it is better than many others are getting. And bad as it may seem $37 is a lot better than having a 100% of a whole lot of land with no money to drill it.

Simple equation is CTP has too much land and not enough money /resources to be able to drill and keep all of their leases by themselves. We now have a chance of proving we have oil/gas/coal/helium in commercial quantities that not only provide us with $$ and improve our financial position but also give others the confidence to lend us money for drilling programs on the land we still retain. Sorry if I seem greedy but I want what money I can get out of CTP while I am still alive not what it can earn over the next 20 years from drilling one hole at a time between capital raisings.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
-0.004(7.69%)
Mkt cap ! $35.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 4.8¢ $22.36K 454.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 104163 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 96150 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.34am 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.