CTP 2.00% 5.1¢ central petroleum limited

The price at time of drilling announcement was 9.3c. Two days...

1. 864 Posts.
    The price at time of drilling announcement was 9.3c. Two days later it is 9.8c. The market is not that unimpressed.

Also there is still a rights offer in progress.

However this was a 'proposed drilling schedule'. With drilling expected to start in late August or early September. Not an actual drilling schedule.

Do you have any examples of a yet to be confirmed drilling schedule putting a rocket under a share price?

People choose stocks for different reasons. Some will look at super speccies, those with no real sign of success at all which they hope will get lucky, these stocks may be .5c or something like that, other might like speccies that have produced signs of owning good resources and have potential for far greater returns. CTP is a better than average example of that sort of stock.

Very few invest because they are hoping the company will skyrocket after the announcement of a proposed drilling schedule.
    If that is the reason for your recent decision to buy, maybe you should be leaving your selections to a broker.

You are certainly correct about the SP dropping further if that's the last throw of the dice.
    I can see the board of CTP tonight asking themselves, "What do we do now, everyone has heard of our proposed schedule and here we are still languishing under $1. What are we going to do with our proposed drilling manager and the proposed exploration manager that we also hired?"

My rather odd investment theory is that the SP is more likely to rise on the news that the drilling has started and controversially, I believe that the most important driver will be discovering commercial reserves of oil, gas, helium or csg.

You have said a couple of times that they won't drill this year, this is an unfounded, unsupported assertion that can't be proved or disproved at the present time. The equivalent response is, "yes they will and they will find heaps of valuable stuff".

So I'll leave it a that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
0.001(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $37.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.2¢ 5.0¢ $9.351K 181.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 200000 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.1¢ 40000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.12pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.