RMS 2.00% $1.96 ramelius resources limited

RMS is still in transitional stage, I thought it had further...

1. 5,261 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    RMS is still in transitional stage, I thought it had further potential. I eventually realized much of the gold price over 10 years was driven by inflation. When the Fed announced it was going to raise interest rates I should have exited.

The effect the Fed effect had on the gold price occurred so fast it was too late to exit. My goal was to be a long term holder for RMS.

This is where I see we are now.

1. The return on investment in the bank will increase,
    2 Higher expected returns in the asx will require higher returns in resources.
    3 The cost and capital loss from holding transitional mines is too great without any solid comparative return, you could loose 24% of capital in an erratic market with high inflation over a 4yr period waiting for a mine to be developed.
    4. The financial cost of starting new mines is increasing which reduces long term capital gain.
    5. Hyper inflated resources will result in a flooded market as marginal produces become productive.
    6 In 2008 I did refer to resources boom as hyper inflation but I was told hyper inflation only refers to the economy as whole.
    Last time commodities prices were not passed onto consumers because we had a GFC and commodities correction. This time its different because its supply chain driven.
    7 The deflationary goals of government will drive the gold price lower and create a price shock in all commodities.
    8 After the correction and commodity prices return to normal there will likely be another global bailout.
    9 Some of the gold price support will be based on international conflict which is starting to come under control.

Summary
    I believe gold has been held up by war, inflation, covid, currency instability, bitcoin failure and now a shift to more stable investments.
    I see gold falling as the Fed raise rates followed by a resource correction which could take some time.
    I see a likely recovery if there is another stimulus. I fear a great depression and a world war.

Depending on the time frame. If RMS can have a new mine up and running in 2 years the timing might be right.
    It comes down to finance and risk.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.96
Change
-0.040(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.242B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.01 $2.02 $1.96 $6.529M 3.316M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 80904 $1.96

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.97 13842 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.