Hi,"how do regular traders usually find good stocks to invest...

1. 84,003 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Hi,

"how do regular traders usually find good stocks to invest into? "

A myriad of ways.

I use stockodoctor for fundamental analysis - it ain't free, but I have not seen good fa. software free.

I select on fundamentals but then enter/exit on ta (generally). There are plenty of ta software stuff free. I don't use free stuff there either - I use bullcharts. But I think incredible charts or similar will do fine.

This is what I would do if I were starting (and on a budget).

Before starting I would read like hell - as I say in the last para at bottom (particularly note psychology ----- then ------

Take a trial in Stockdoctor for $50 (30 days I think).
    Do this during the reporting period (about now would be perfect).

You get full advantage of fresh analysis.

I would then start to invest or trade, using the fundamental analysis as a check and as a scanning tool (ask to speak to Simon at sd, he might give you some of his scan formulas - he might only do this for full subscribers, but it is worth a try).

I would buy on what I thought was technically ok and wouldn't root around with day trading - I have not met an ultra wealthy day trader yet.

With luck, by the time your next reporting season is due you can become a full subscriber, if you haven't fallen in love with the product earlier.

At present many believe there is a downside risk in all markets ----- if (and it is if) they are right, then if you get stuck with some shareholdings - you want to be sure that they are good companies ------ TA will not do this for you - fundamental analysis will. Simple as that.

If you feel the risk of large downside is real - then maybe you shoud take a few hundred bucks and buy the beginnings of a text library on investing (with a fair swag on psychology) - it will almost for sure be the best money you will spend in a lifetime of investing - trader/investor or whatever. The lessons are the same whether the deal is for $500 of shares or $5,000,000 of shares, it is all the same.

Whatever you do, be patient - there will be bargains around in 6 months, 6 years and 60 years - there ain't no hurry. Get your head set first.

Good luck with it Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.