1AG 0.00% 0.5¢ alterra limited

Agree, 1AG is only at the farm level, or has stated such, by...

1. 12,161 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 433
    Agree, 1AG is only at the farm level, or has stated such, by putting pen to paper about a potential System 5 dairy farm operation. The problem is they are nearly 200kms away from the closest processing plant being Brownes in the Balcutta or possibly Lion in Bentley and that is one very large hike each day. Brownes aren't taking on suppliers at the moment and Lion will need to gear up over the next 3 years. Having said that for 1AG to go from where they are today to having a fully operational System 5 dairy farm will be no less than 3 years away and anything can happen between now and then. So I can't see the share price going anywhere whilst they contemplate this option and for my money I can't actually see them proceeding with it either once they get up close and personal with the financials and the risks.

Harvey Fresh is in a better position to pick up the milk from the SW corner due its it plant proximity, so Lion has its work cut out to secure a milk supply and its processing upgrade doesn't change its product profile much, if anything, from the current drinking milk for the WA market.

1AG would be better served looking outside dairy as they just seem to miss the mark, a bit like the now defunct Linear Capital or Aerem. Something different like honey maybe or even something as simple as a share buyback and delisting maybe - nah can't see Stoney and the McBains doing the right thing by minority shareholders when they can string them along and fleece them at the same time. Maybe wool....over the eyes would be a good punt.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 1AG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.