CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

market update

1. 15,397 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 585
    Doesn't sound too good.

Cougar Energy takes measures to cut costs as uncertainty continues over Kingaroy re-ignition Cougar Energy Limited (ASX: CXY) provides the following market update. The Companys Board of Directors continues to conduct a review of Cougar Energys operational and financial requirements as a result of the Queensland Governments decision to delay the approval of re-ignition of the Kingaroy pilot plant until an environmental evaluation is completed and assessed. The Cougar Energy review includes on-going discussions with financiers and investors as to funding alternatives for the Companys projects. As a result of the delay and uncertainty as to when its Kingaroy operations will recommence, Cougar Energy has taken steps to consolidate its financial position. In line with this process, it has today regrettably made the decision to terminate the employment of the majority of staff at the Kingaroy project and in the Companys Brisbane and Melbourne offices. Various arrangements with contractors and local services providers have also been discontinued for the time being. Managing Director Dr Len Walker said that it was a difficult decision to give notice to valued and talented members of the Cougar Energy team. I am grateful to every one of our employees for their dedication and commitment to building our groundbreaking UCG projects in Australia and I wish them every success in the future, he said. The future of the Kingaroy project will remain under constant review until the environmental evaluation process has been completed. A core number of staff will be retained to continue progressing the development of Cougar Energys projects in Australia and overseas

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.